Friday, February 8, 2008

It was raining love dat February

It was raining love dat February

February rains are wickedly cold

These cold myopic rains leave u dry

Tears are all da wet u are left with

My life is flooded with famines,

I wanted none more

Dat February I took refuge in dat very same old prison

Dat heart shaped prison

I thought, as a captive,

I had conquered dat heart a long-long time ago,

I expected comfort amidst da familiar arid walls of dat heart,

I thought those arid walls will save me from the cold rains outside

The walls were same, as they were, when I left them

Except for, they had developed cracks,

Many males had stayed there,

Since I left them faminished,

Faminished of love

They all men, stayed here for really short durations,

But in their stay they created these cracks,

Those cracks speak of those men’s efforts to escape that bar-less prison


And those innocuous cracks cry, when it rains outside,

May be this February too, it’ll all be the same,

I’ll be flooded to famine,

I’ll get wet to be left cold & dry,

But this time not alone,

These cracks have stolen her immunity

For da first time, it’ll rain in dat heart,

For da first time she’ll get wet to be left dry

May be dis time I’ll never walk out of dis prison,

May be dis time she’ll enter mine,

May be these rains wouldn’t leave us all dry

4 comments:

plain jane said...

my my...such bitterness?

Mr Rancorous said...

as plain jane already mentioned... the bitterness...which not only judders the reader but also makes him think of the situations u mite hve gone through...u usually hve knack of finding the most appropriate contrasts in the things around....the way u juxtapose the smiles n screams, dere doesnt seem to be any difference...u r a natural !!!!!!kudos!!

Bismark Singh said...

that was awesome to say the least...i m not much of a poet person, but i read it all :P the double meaning was very concisely conveyed..and reminded of those famous poets ...very well done dude

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.