Friday, September 5, 2008

I shall not break free, but the chains


She’s no more the same.
So am I.
I have unlearned to cry and forgotten to laugh,
Indifferent, is how i have become.
Yet lonely
Its not the emptiness dats killing me,
Bu the slow killing dats abandonning me.
I no more even complain,
For I know, that deaf carnal is beautiful.
My screams, confined, My tears, tamed, And My pain, subdued.
I no more dream, i am not scared, but plain helpless.
I have lived my tomorrow,
Yesterday, i know, never existed.
Bereaved is not how i feel,
Its just the birth that I long for.
Nothing shall matter less,
Yet the agony, forces me to breathe.
I shall not break free, but the chains
I shall not rust, but the chains
I can feel her lips move, she still sobs
She knows, this blind carnal of mine is lustful.
The beautiful shall remain free to chase love.
The salacious shall remain destined, to be bound by love.
The ocean of free solitude is what I desired
The desert of bound loneliness is what I got

5 comments:

pkcool said...

intense!!!!

Ankit said...

captivating...a nice one!

Bismark Singh said...

very hard.... of the sort they should teach in hukka classes to interpret with all the simlies et al. sorry not much of a poetic person !

Anant said...

i liked the part wen u talked abt the confined
screams and tamed tears....i alwys c dat u
never seem to release the pain at ny point and
the pain just keeps on increasing wid each line...
ur every wrd feels like a skew sword cutting through
the heart...Though it seems dat u feel scared at some
places but u dont agree in the poem....it feels like
u r not writing to let her read it but u r writin
it out to be read by some God whose taken ur girl away
from u..........it ws a burning piece to read !!

i dont know y the natural bias towrds u comes up
wenever i m writing a comment for ur post !! But this
time, i hve tried to reduce dat factor and judge it
on even terms...keep writing...kudos !!

Anonymous said...

good job! very well written!!