Tuesday, September 30, 2008

She’ll never know why, yet dares to question

Her silence threatens me,
That expressionless, stern face
What makes her so strong,
Why cant she be weak and weep it off
Why doesn’t she crumble in my arms and beg me to take her away
What drives her to resist the pain and prolong the agony
Time will not heal this
My arms no more soothe her

All she was made of, was me, all they robbed was me
Weak, unlike her, I collapse,
I sob amidst my ruins,
I hear, their laughs, her screams, deafenin
She feels, tattered me.

All they desired, her body,
laid before them, like a sheet of canvas,
bare, just as it once did before me
and all they could paint was white
The pictures, faded
All the love, washed in black
Existent, yet not
Unaffected, yet not


They have strengthened her, they have shattered me
She’s never alone, their memories haunt her, they have gifted me an abyss.
They have given her silence, they’ve robbed my calm.
They have released her, they have captured me.
Her desires.....blown apart, my dreams unaffected.


Neither are they dead, nor alive.
She doesn’t know them, yet they recognize her
She can blame them, yet cannot forgive herself

She’ll never know why, yet dares to question
Why did they rape her

4 comments:

Shaurya said...

yeah...
1st one to comment..
Dude.. it was really awesome, and as always i am falling short of words to appreciate the way u have actually put urself in the shoes of "the man" and the way u have expressed the agony.
I am extraordinarily impressed that for once I myself started feeling That agony.

My first ever comment on any1's blog..
Keep it up.

saurabh said...

Nikunj-extraordinary !!! i m reading ur blog for d first time...u impressed me like Dostoevsky did (a fictional compliment)....best part ...these words are true as hell !

Nikunj said...

U r far too kind Saurabh. I am not sure if Dostoevsky is something I'll ever deserve.

Anonymous said...

PERFECT!!!!!!!! u really r blessed wid the art of writing.